Sunday, February 6, 2011

Attended our local Seedy Saturday Seed Sale yesterday....and so gardening season begins!  The seeds I purchased were 4 kinds of lettuce including one that I couldn't resist because of the name "Drunken Woman" (I'm going to have to research to see how that name came about), 4 varieties of tomatoes including both red and yellow "Radiator Shop Mortgage Buster" (apparently the gardener that hybridized these paid off the mortgage on his shop selling seeds, plants and tomatoes of this variety), peas, green beans, green onions, green and gold zuchinni, and shallots.  Hopefully I do better with the shallots this year.

Also my first snowdrops are up and blooming even though the weather forecast calls for at least one more good snow storm before winter is truly over.

No comments: