Friday, July 11, 2014

This quilt was made for one of my friends and co-worker Fara after her husband passed away suddenly and left her and their 2 young boys on their own.  I called it A Fabric Hug for Fara and made it in her favourite colour lilac/lavender and her husband's favourite colour royal blue.  In some of the blocks there are Forget Me Nots and others have Pansies which are also called "Heart's Ease".  The pattern was called Heart and Souls which I thought was so appropriate.  She loved it!

Here is the March block of Bertie's Year BOM.  And yes, I know it's July.  I have almost finished April and am itching to get at June's - so stayed tuned for those coming soon.  I just LOVE these blocks as they are so much fun as they all have piecing, applique and embroidery.
 

And here is Ken's Step Back Cabinet that he made for my quilt studio and painted with milk paints to give it an antique kind of look.  Isn't he just the handiest fellow! 

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

The quilt is gorgeous. Love it as you new i would. :) Cute block. Love the cabinet Ken made. Hugs,xx

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt Lynda , I can understand why she loved it :-) Love the cabinet Ken made for you , talented guy !

Jo Ferguson said...

I'm hoping block of the month doesn't actually mean you have to finish it in the applicable month. I'm still working on January and February for a BOM. Your BOM is adorable, the quilt is gorgeous and yes! Ken is a handy guy. That cabinet is wonderful.